She gets so many more likes than I do! Why does nobody like my posts?
Whether we like it or not, technology and social media play a major role in modern life. What we choose to do with that technology and how we choose to react to what we hear and see has a large influence on how we view ourselves and the choices we make. In this series, Mister Brown encourages middle and high school students to consider:
· What was life like before smartphones?
· Is technology getting in the way of my relationships?
· Are there problems with how we use social media?
· How am I letting what I see and hear “program” me?
· Am I rejecting the negative programming, or am I letting everything influence me?
· Do I accept the good things that are said about me?
Throughout the series, students consider what kind of influences they allow into their lives.
From | The Midwest and now lives in Northern California.
Likes | Playing games, learning new things, pizza with way too many toppings.
Hates | Mosquitos and the smell of nail polish.
Plays | Basketball and is the proud reigning tetherball champ at several local elementary schools.
Goals | To make a difference, choose well, and to beat his wife at dominoes.