Its Not Easy Being Me
You don’t understand; I have no choice!
Although it’s true that we can’t always control the situations that we’re in, we can always control the choices we make! Even people in difficult or seemingly hopeless situations have made choices that have changed their lives for the better. Throughout this series, Mister Brown helps middle and high school students make good choices in tough situations through these key ideas:
· I can choose whether to respond or react
· I should persevere instead of giving up
· If you can do it, I can do it too
· Sometimes I have to fail before I succeed
· I can’t control everything, but I can control me
· Even if my situation doesn’t get better, I can get better
· Even though my life is not easy, it’s always worth it
· It’s better to be hated for who I am than to be liked for who I’m not
· I should seek first to understand, then to be understood
Even if students say that “It’s Not Easy Being Me”, they can custom design their lives with their power to choose!
From | The Midwest and now lives in Northern California.
Likes | Playing games, learning new things, pizza with way too many toppings.
Hates | Mosquitos and the smell of nail polish.
Plays | Basketball and is the proud reigning tetherball champ at several local elementary schools.
Goals | To make a difference, choose well, and to beat his wife at dominoes.